I'm all about quick, easy recipes that I can put together in less the 5 minutes! It seems like i'm always forgetting dessert when we have company over for dinner. Our family doesn't typically eat desserts, and we rarely buy cookies or sweets from the grocery store to keep on hand. Most lack nutritional value, or are stuffed with sugars and additives. Lucky for me I always have these 5 ingredients on hand. These cookies are delicious, super easy, super quick, and better for you then *~most~* recipes.
- 1 cup of apple sauce
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour / or regular unbleached flour
- 2 cups of quick cooking oats
- 3 /4 cup of sugar ( I used organic cane sugar )
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of cinnamon (optional - I didn't use it in the cookies pictured)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Add the apple sauce and mix until well blended.
4. Scoop out the dough using a tablespoon and drop it onto a lined cookie sheet.
5. Flatten with a fork and bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
6. let them cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
*Makes 24 - 30 cookies
- Megan xo