Sundays, are usually spent catching up on laundry, tidying up bedrooms, and baking for the week ahead. School is almost finished for summer break, and I couldn't be happier. I'm tired of figuring out new snacks and creative lunches. I am, however quite proud that I gave my kids a litterless lunch every single day this year.
I haven't made banana bread in a few weeks, and it was my goal this weekend to perfect a loaf without using your regular sugars. This loaf is sweetened with local maple syrup and cinnamon.
- 1/3 cup vegetable or melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups of gluten-free flour (with the proper Xanthan Gum if required)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit and spray a loaf pan with coconut cooking spray.
- In a large bowl or using a stand mixer, Whisk together the oil, and maple syrup, add eggs one at a time, then add the almond milk, and the vanilla.
- Add the mashed bananas and cinnamon.
- Sift together the baking soda and gluten-free flour, slowly add to the mixture in small amounts, combining well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-60 mins, until a toothpick, comes out clean. Let the loaf sit for 15 minutes before removing from pan and placing on a cooling rack. Let the bread cool about 10 more minutes before slicing.
Happy Sunday, Friends!