Our family loves granola bars; I try to make my own to save money and to avoid unnecessary preservatives. This recipe is simple, quick, and only requires a few ingredients.
5 Cups Bobs Red Mill Muesli cereal mix
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4-1/2 Honey (depending on how sweet you like your granola bars)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 Chocolate chip, plus a handful more for the top
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line an 8" square brownie pan with parchment paper.
- Toast the cereal for 8-10 mins stirring halfway through.
- Remove cereal from the oven and let sit for 10 mins.
- In a small saucepan combine the coconut oil, brown sugar, honey, and vanilla, stirring with a whisk until completely melted and well blended.
- Pour the cooled cereal in a bowl and add the syrup mixture.
- Stir to combine
- Let the mixture cool slightly and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press mixture into the pan and top with a handful of chocolate chips, press them in slightly.
- Let cool in the fridge for 30 mins, then cut into bars.
Store in the refrigerator if you prefer them firm, or in an airtight container on the counter if you prefer them chewy. They stay good for up to one week, but trust me they won't last 3 days.
I've been a loyal customer of well.ca for years. I always save money purchasing most of my organic and or gluten-free products from them. My orders average $100 a month, so shipping is free, and it only takes a day or two to arrive.
I linked all the products I used in this recipe, to make shopping easier.
This post contains affiliate links when you purchase from the provided link I make a small percentage.