This lemon delight is perfect for Mother's Day or any occasion this summer. It's simple and beautiful. I did make a glaze with icing sugar and lemon juice, but the organic icing sugar makes it off-white and almost invisible, so I sifted a small amount of icing sugar on time to add some colour. My kids don't like icing which is fine by me because it's mostly sugar anyway. This pan makes such a beautiful cake that it doesn't need anything extra. The top is lightly crispy, and the inside is moist and delicious.
2 1/4 Cups flour ( I used Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 baking flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter or coconut oil
1/2 cup sugar
2-3 lemons zested
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Spray bundt pan with cooking spray or butter lightly. I use coconut oil.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder, and set aside.
- On medium speed, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add eggs.
- Add the lemon zest to the creamed mixture.
- Add 1/2 cup of the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, alternate with a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice, then buttermilk, and repeat until everything is combined.
- Pour the mixture into the greased bundt pan and cook for 40-45mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 15 minuites before removing from the pan.
- lightly sprinkle with icing sugar.
If you try the recipe, I would love to see photos. Tag #tessertraditions in your social media posts, email firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a DM.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and that all you Momma's get spoiled!
- Megan xo